PT & FT LEATHER SUPPORT(Cleveland Studio)
Leather Support team members at FOUNT enjoy working collaboratively as a team to meet production goals. They are responsible for marking, cutting, and prepping leather and fabric for sewing. Additionally, they do all prep work to prepare pattern pieces to be sewn by the machine sewing team.
Finally, the Leather Support team does any post-production final touches to products prior to adding them to our inventory.
The Role of a Leather Support Team Member is to:
- Efficiently use time while maintaining the highest standard of quality
- Develop a full understanding of construction on all products
- Mark, cut, chalk, skive, paint, and prep leather to be sewn
- Work as a team player to effectively assemble and construct products
- Receive and follow instruction from managers and team members
- Adjust leather cutting equipment and other machinery routinely
- Maintain existing systems, structure, and cleanliness of studio, while adding new systems as the team and brand grow
- Demonstrate leadership by relaying information to other team members
Preferred Applicant Skills:
- Ability to mark patterns efficiently, avoid scarring while utilizing as much of the hide as possible
- Ability to run all skiving, leather cutting machines, & embossing machine
- Ability to run and maintain edge-painting machine
- Ability to operate clicker press & apply hardware
- Ability to maintenance equipment
- Ability to receive & communicate instructions with managers & team members
We understand that applicants may not have leather experience.
At FOUNT, we are primarily looking for teachable and detail oriented team members who love people and life.
If you are interested please email your resume and cover letter to: