Part-Time HAND SEWING
The Part-Time Hand Sewing team members at FOUNT are responsible for hand sewing FOUNT products that feature hand stitching. Hand sewing with a saddle stitch is a unique part of the FOUNT brand, which makes our tote straps extremely durable. Hand sewers are paid per each piece that they sew, allowing them to increase their income as they increase their efficiency.
The Role of a Hand Sewing Team Member is to:
- Saddle stitch with excellence.
- Have a very high attention to detail and care while sewing.
- Efficiently use time while hand sewing in the studio
- Show flexibility while moving between various hand sewing projects
- Work cooperatively with the hand sewing and production team.
- Maintain existing systems in place for hand sewing organization and efficiency
- Maintain a clean and orderly workspace
Preferred Applicant Skills:
- Experience hand sewing or machine sewing is preferred.
- Ability to learn how to hand sew leather with extreme attention to detail
- Ability to understand and adapt saddle stitching to fit all product patterns
- Ability to work efficiently
- Ability to receive and communicate instructions with managers and team members
- Ability to saddle stitch bag straps without scuffing or damaging the bag or strap
- Ability to accurately report and account for personally sewn items
We understand that applicants may not have leather experience.
At FOUNT, we are primarily looking for teachable and detail oriented team members who love people and life.
If you are interested please send your resume and cover letter to: